RESOURCES FOR CHILD CARE PROVIDERS
Some centers choose to strive for a higher level of operating standards and seek accreditation. There are several national, professional organizations that promote high-quality standards in early childhood education. Click Here for more information.
Child Care Licensing responsibilities include:
- Regulating all child-care operations and child-placing agencies to protect the health, safety, and well-being of children in care.
- Permitting and monitoring operations and agencies for compliance with state licensing standards, rules and laws.
- Investigating complaints alleging violations of minimum standards and reports of abuse or neglect in daycare and residential childcare operations.
- Informing parents and the public about child care, including how specific daycare and residential childcare operations are complying with minimum standards of care.
- Giving child-care providers technical assistance on meeting licensing standards, rules, and laws.
Click Here to learn more about Texas Child Care Licensing.